New York & Brewster Broken Bone Attorneys
There are more than 200 bones in the human body, half of which are in the feet and hands. Each year, thousands of people are involved in accidents that lead to fractured and broken bones as well as damage to the surrounding ligaments and tissues. In short, broken bones are not minor injuries, they are often painful and require costly medical care to hear properly.
If you suffered a broken bone injury due to another’s negligence, the law office of Michael LoGiudice can help you obtain the compensation you deserve. We have extensive experience handling all types of accidents, including:
- Bicycle Accidents – While bicyclists must ride safely and obey traffic laws, drivers of motor vehicles are also required to share the road and exercise reasonable care not to injure others. Nonetheless, with more bicyclists on the streets, bicycle accidents are on the rise, often leading to serious broken bone injuries.
Car Accidents – Car accidents and motorcycle crashes often lead to serious bone injuries including fractures, breaks and crushed bones.
Construction Accidents – Construction work is inherently dangerous, and worksite accidents are common, often leading to fractured arms, fractured legs, and other broken bone injuries.
Pedestrian Accidents – Navigating the streets on foot can be hazardous as pedestrians contend with cars, taxicabs, buses and trucks. While all drivers are required to be alert and aware of their surroundings, pedestrian accidents are far too common, often resulting in serious bone injuries.
- Slip, trip and falls – Owners of private and public property have a duty to provide a safe environment to visitors and pedestrians, but slip and fall accidents often lead to fractures of the hands, wrists, shoulders, and legs.
- Truck accidents – Collisions between trucks and passenger vehicles often lead to catastrophic injuries, including multiple broken bones.
Regardless of the cause, broken bones require a wide range of medical treatments such as X-rays, bone setting, surgery, as well as rehabilitation and physical therapy. Even a minor injury can involve expensive medical costs.
Types of Bone Fractures
There are different types of bone fractures, including:
- Hairline Fracture – A small crack in the bone that is often difficult to detect in an X-ray
- Simple Fracture – This involves bone that breaks but does not pierce the skin
- Compound Fracture – These injuries involved broken bones that push through the skin, typically requiring surgery
- Avulsion Fracture – A break that causes a piece of bone, tendon or ligament to pull away from the bone
- Greenstick or Buckle Fracture – This occurs when a bone bends or buckles but does not break entirely
- Transverse Fracture – A bone break that occurs across the surface, snapping into two pieces
- Comminuted Fracture – A bone that is crushed or breaks into multiple pieces
Although some broken bones heal quickly, this is not always the case. Compound fractures, for example, typically require surgeries and extensive physical therapy before they are healed. Moreover, victims may be left with visible scarring. In cases in which more than one bone is broken, victims often never regain complete mobility and use of the damaged body part. When these injuries are the result of another’s negligence, it helps to have an experienced personal injury attorney to rely on.
Aggressive Broken Bone Injury Attorney
If you suffered a broken or fractured bone, or ligament or tissue damage, the law office of Michael LoGiudice can help you obtain meaningful compensation. Although insurance companies will argue that these are minor injuries and attempt to settle claims for as little money as possible, we have the knowledge and skill that can level the playing field.
By collaborating with a respected network of medical experts, we can demonstrate the severity of broken arms, broken legs, broken wrists, broken ankles, broken hips, broken ribs, and even fractured vertebrae. We will use medical evidence and our superior negotiating skills to make sure that you are fairly compensated. If you suffered a broken bone injury that was caused by another’s reckless or negligent conduct, fill out a contact form or call our office today for a free consultation.
The law office of Michael LoGiudice serves clients throughout the greater New York area including Westchester, Putnam County, Dutchess County, Orange County, Rockland County, and Brewster.